<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d14355401\x26blogName\x3dQCAN+BlogQLD+Community+Arts+Network\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://qcan.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_AU\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://qcan.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-526546049732904443', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Craigslea Update 5 - Tamara Playne

It's been an exciting week tracking down the last of the materials and finally nabbing a metal fabricator not too busy to fit us in. Various fabricators are underway with the water feature troughs and the revolving cubes support structure. I've finally found a minute to check out the ramp where the work will be sited at the school and it's still at the dirt-track stage. But all that could change within hours with a few cement trucks, hopefully in time for our celebratory student morning tea in a few weeks. And here's some photos of this week's effort.



Above: the tie dyed fabric banners are being screenprinted with images of students from both schools. The images were created from digital photos, which were then printed out and photocopied onto litho paper. The paper was then hand cut to produce paper screens for printing.


Above: One facet of the revolving cubes structure will feature the words "you are beautiful" spelt out in plywood letters which are shown here being carefully sanded.


One of today's best surprises was to hear the xylophones ring out after being cut to size (thanks Linsey Pollac for the measurements). We had to get everyone else to stop drilling and sawing hebel first but the sound was lovely. Part of the theme of the project was to address the five senses so now we can tick off hearing!

Here's the middle sized xylo before it is finally rigged. We've used aluminium tubing for the notes, stainless steel cable and fittings to hang, and also little pieces of aluminium tubing to space the notes apart. The beaters are made from left over lantern Pahang for the stick and some lovely foam balls found in the golf section of a discount shop, drilled, and glued on. They remind me of bobby dazzlers.

Next week is the full tilt whole day effort on Thursday so more photos then of the water features, the light feature and the digital projection box.

Yours in creativity

Tamara Playne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home